Friday, April 17, 2009

No internet for 6 days.

Finally after almost 6 days my internet was back in order. The service was interupted and I could not blog, could not go to any international sites. Local sites were fine. I called up and made frequent complains just as any good deserving customer would do.

Then, I was assured that the international internet connection would resume aka fixed by Friday. Well, they did keep their promise. But Friday was a long way back then. So I had to leave cyberspace for a while and frankly life was a lot better. Yeah, taking the internet away was a good experience as I was less dependent on trivial matters and could focus more on real practical world stuffs. I used to get hook hours on the net. That was gone (although I had major problems), yes, getting rid of my addiction was hard and very tricky.

Removing the net, I lost touch with ongoing events, thoughts, and certain fun. Yet, I got better sleep, (actually more sleep), less anxiety to go online each morning and focused more on my work/research. My main addiction is photography using the internet to upload to sites and the blog, not to mentioned the various forums related to photography that I am automatically a member. (just could not resist it).

Then, when I got the internet back, I rejoiced. Oh, I guess I could cancel my subscription permanently. Arrrghhh the pain!

No comments:

visitor

Blog Archive