Thursday, September 10, 2009

Photoshop and RAW, NEF, CR2 files compatibility with new camera coming in,.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2008/09/camera_raw_46_and_dng_converte.html

Can Camera Raw 4.6 be used with Photoshop CS2 ? I got a trial copy on Capture NX with my new D90 but I would like to stay with CS2 if possible to prevent having to learn an all new Interface.

Thanxs

[Camera Raw 4.6 can only be used with Photoshop CS3. You can use the DNG Converter to convert your D90 files to the DNG format that can be read by Camera Raw 3. But I strongly recommend taking a look at Camera Raw 5.2 that's now part of Photoshop CS4 as it contains significant enhancements over Camera Raw 3. -TH]


a client gave us a disk with cr2 files and my PC elements 5.0 can not open them. can you direct me to a plug-in so I can open the pictures and save them as jpg or tif?
Thank you.
[You can download the DNG Converter and convert the files to DNG so that Photoshop Elements 5 can open the images. www.adobe.com/dng -TH]

No comments:

visitor