Tuesday, June 8, 2010

FORD Changed tyres YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER


(Above) the Bridgestones 245 vs the Yokohama 265 (below)
PRO: Wider tyres -better to handle corners
Looks better (more wheels)
CON: A little bumpy with the 265
My torque was not effected because of the way I drive. (I actually feel better)
Also, had to trim the mud flaps due to lock to lock (full turning of wheels) , tyre will scrap the mud flap. A little trimming is all that is needed.


8.5.2010: Changed the FoRD tyres from Bridgestones to YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER HT
paid RM1570 for them (4 in total)
I changed it from 245 to 265, making it bigger and more width.
Details:
YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER
G051
265/70R16 112H
H/T-S (highway tyres)

The ride was a little more bumpy on straights (when I asked my passenger) but cornering is much sharper and gives me more confident. It looks better too.

The ODO clocked 58,000 kms.
Photo: Edited, but the truck has Geolanders now.
FORD-Ranger

No comments:

visitor