Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shoe modifications and run preparations

One more run to go, then it's resting time until we do 42.xxx River Jungle Marathon.
- we need a slow run to keep our blood running and muscle toned.
- Also, with some carbo-loading, we must trip off the excess glycogen/fat, hence a slow run.

-I'm experimenting with my gears for the actual run.

-I've pushed hard yesterday in the all men run, so today will run for fun.
-I've managed to trip 40g off my shoes (with the removal of insole, and adding a thinner insole, now it's 340g from 380g. Will see if it helps or I will get into some problem later in the run. I may have to replace the laces if it is still "heavy".
-I'm still stingy when it comes to buying new running shoes, i think I have too many pairs.

-after today, I need to clear off the work loads, so that I can focus on the River Jungle run.

feedback:| The replacement insoles (thinner) works well reducing the cushion but giving better shoe (toe-ball of foot) flexibility. I can bend the shoes at the front better than before.

The lighter weight is noticeable and even adding an ankle guard does not feel too "heavy".

Perhaps the laces can be replaced to lighter ones as well.

Shoe responsiveness has not changed. I do feel my Nike Air Alaris +3 needs better responsiveness.

No comments:

visitor