Saturday, March 12, 2011

Testing RUNNING, NIKE FREE

Today : 12th March 2011
Tested running 4.75km with the NIKE free,

Cons:
Tired after 4.75km.
Landed on heel (fast run) and on footsword (slower run)
End of day, the base of foot was tired coz the cushion was too little, too thin. (compared to my Brooks launch).
My arches= no problems, no pain. (good news).

This is not the correct way to run. The best way is to land on the entire foot, not heel strike, not sides, etc,

To achieve this, shorten the stride and lean out more.

For faster run, the best part about NIKE free is; one can almost flex the entire shoe (360 degrees), so we can do some good "pushing off" wherelese my regular shoes (NIKE, NewBalance, BROOKS, MERRELL, SOLOMAN), cannot do.

Prelim-Results: -
Will test the shoes more, as my regular running gait will change. I just got faster but I've decided to tune it with my NIKE frees (just to test what sorts of muscle it can build).

No comments:

visitor