Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Malakoff 2009-upcoming!

Then there was this race or should I call it, run for 12KM, called Malakoff 2009.

What's this Malakoff? I ask myself. It's a company! The pacesetter club (an athletic runners club) that organizes such runs.

In truth, I was certain running was not an activity that normal layman likes. I mean, I visualize men and women sweating, huffing, choking with fatigue and with messy hairdo dressed in sleeveless, singlets-like attire, finishing 12Km on foot.

So why is there a huge following in running?

I visited Adidas and Nike to get some ideas. These retail shops dedicates a section in their premise for running and football. Now, I understand why football is a craze (the fans are just watching and pretending they are Ronaldo, Beckam etc). Running merchandises are equally plenty.

Not really blessed with many "stars". Kenyans runners are leaders in this sports. Nike, they have one lady called Paula Radcliffe that may inspire many women runners. As for most Men, I presume any Kenyan will do for now. I respect Kenyan runners because they just run with no fancy equipments required. Some even barefoot!

Huge following or not, lots of runners are there for health reasons and some for social networking.

In Malakoff 2009, the runners shall shine and conquor 12 Km on foot equally well.

No comments:

visitor