Saturday, December 20, 2008

SUNDAY: reading the_star

Re: the article below, Unfortunately despite the author's unhappiness, shift your thoughts to things you thought could change your life. You want money? you want power? you think you can be a better person with wealth?

Money and material items are only cherished when there is someone to share it with. Else, you end up bitter because of it. Money is the root of all evil. Not many believe in this anymore, most are just getting greedy and manipulative. They may lose more in life.

Excerpt;

Sunday December 21, 2008 , THE_STAR

She hurt me!

IN February, I came to know a girl, L, who is a final year law student. I am 20 years her senior. Believe me, she is very mature, loving and caring for her age.

I was divorced 10 years ago and have been single ever since. I have a PhD in engineering and an MBA in management; I’ve travelled and lived in a number of countries due to my work; and over the decades, I’ve met many women from all walks of life, races, and cultures – but never one like L. In April, we confessed our love for each other.

In June, I bought a RM480,000 condo that I planned to give to her when we got married – she knew this. And over the months, I bought her expensive gifts, such as branded shoes and bags, a watch and jewellery; I even booked one of Apple’s iPhones for her as a Christmas present. I also told her that I would buy her a BMW when she started working after her studies.

Make no mistake, she never asked for any of this. I just felt it was natural for me to do this for her because of my love for her. For your information, I have never done such things in my entire life for any woman.

In May and June, she said many sweet and romantic things to me. Then came July, the beginning of her new semester. Two weeks into it and my instincts told me that she was about to cheat on me: she became overly sensitive, and constantly hid calls and text messages from me. But when I confronted her, she strongly denied that there was anyone else.

But by the last week of August, I could no longer stand the pain. She had changed from a very romantic and caring person into a cold, indifferent one – and she didn’t even realise it.

I realised that her attention and feelings were focused on a guy in her class, Y. When I questioned her about him, though, she denied any romantic feelings for him, saying that they were just normal friends.

But I didn’t believe her and got a print out of her phone’s activitiy from her service provider. I discovered that during those same months when she had been saying sweet things to me, she had been sleeping with another guy! There were as many as 40 calls and 25 to 30 text messages between them in a single day!

And yet, she still denied that they are more than just best friends. What idiot would believe that?

When I returned from an overseas trip in September, L called me and asked to meet up again. She promised that she would turn over a new leaf and asked for another chance to prove herself after realising that I was the man for her and that she couldn’t bear losing me.

So we went to Genting Highlands to celebrate my birthday, and I had a wonderful time. And she was really a sweet angel during that time.

But I kept my cool, I waited for the October phone bill. And I found that she had called and sent text messages to that guy during the two days that we spent in Genting. Physically, she had been with me but her soul and sprit were not. She lied again!

I really don’t understand why girls nowadays are so hard to satisfy. We never quarrelled, we had a lot of fun, and we have great chemistry – yet, she has feelings for someone else. Is it because she just likes men her age?

When my first girlfriend left me when I was 23, I felt hurt but I could understand it because I was indeed very poor at that time, and she wanted someone who could offer her the best things in life, not just pure love. But in L’s case, I cannot understand it at all because I can offer all that while the other man – a kid – is poor. Yet, she was not satisfied with me. Why?

Mr Idiot

No comments:

visitor

Blog Archive