Monday, January 5, 2009

Price hike during CNY.

5.1.09
Dear blog,


Prices of goods for CNY has hiked. Go find a hamper and you'll notice that the money you're paying will be so much lesser in terms of items and value. Yeah, hampers are also downgraded in terms of packaging materials. Eu Yan Sang, a popular hamper haven for me, also did the unthinkable by increasing their prices. If you study the contents, the packaging cost of RM 20/- for RM 75/- hamper? that's more expensive than the items provided in that hamper! This hamper now looks so CHEAP-skate. I'm embarass to even present it out. So out you go for 2009 Eu Yan Sang, your business sense has also make me reconsider to shop in your stalls in the near future, even after CNY' 09.




Food menus, increased their prices. So much so that you'll thought the fuel prices was the culprit. In actual fact, it's the greed in man-kind and woman-kind.

I've learned to live a simple life, hence I only boycott the ones that increased unnecessarily. That includes Kluang Station (1 Utama). Sorry, you used to be so popular but now you blew it. With the opening of LamMeeYa directly opposite, business has dropped a notch. So, there you go, increase the prices with your competitors just 10 steps away, go figure the results.

Having said that, Subhani (mamak) has dropped their prices but their teh ais now taste like water with 1/4 teh. Absolutely bad tasting. So much so that I am thinking not to order drinks from them.

Thanks to impending recessions, people are shopping less, but it seems there are ignorants ones who just have the cash, or could not care less. They still do not mind the price hikes. Well, it's one thing to be ignorant, another to be a fool.

Malaysian generally do not bother about inflation (until it's too late). A last minute thinking imbedded in our Malaysian culture.

So there you go, price hike or not, like I said, I'm going to live a simple life. The clubs has long ago lost me as a customer, the RM 350/- liquor, Chivas, JD, Vodka, etc, can't even make me flinch. Happy hours, New year eve parties and Xmas parties are now only a name I remember.

No comments:

visitor

Blog Archive