Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Honda City

Yesterday, I got a phone call because my sis could not start her car (Honda City). The immobilizer apparently had kicked in and caused the entire car to be.....well, immobilized.




So, after calling the Car guru, and searching the internet for help :I shouted "help me internet!", MOTOR TRADER Forum was given as number one on esteemed Goggle search site.


My results ?

MOTOR TRADER forum sucks. Look, Honda city is a very common car by any standard, yet the knowledge in one reputable MOTOR TRADER forum is really lacking. All you subscribers of that particular forum, you better read with a pinch of salt, no make that a whole shaker of salt.

MOTOR TRADER went like this : You can disable the alarm if you press the button with the RED LED a number of times (not going to reveal it here).

Oh, very informative, how am I going to tell this to my sis?

THE SOLUTION:

So it takes FIVE (5) presses with the keys in the ignitions ready at ACC, in order to disarm the bloody alarm.



This just proves that experience (that belongs to the mall security guard), triumphs over modern internet. Some things are NOT readily available online.

No comments:

visitor