Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Studio. I'm working on a secret project.




An ardent photography buff, I love to indulge in lights.

So, I got my gf, to pose (and slowly she’s getting much better than before).

The funny thing about posing is, after warming up, the photos gets better. It took almost 2 hours for the shots to materialize. Lights planning were done using flashes (off camera).

Most lightings were diffused to get the desired results. I tried both ways, with make-up and one without make up, it is best to use a little make up as it catches the lights well. The bonus to those shots were, I need not post process them intensely afterwards.

A little tip to would be photographers, NEVER get upset with your shots, I learned that the hard way. Yup, I got really frustrated initially because I was working hard to get the lightings correctly done, (okay, there’s no right and wrong with art photos). But I’m just being picky with the lights.

You can do all sorts of lightings and it would be okay as long as your model approved of it. This should be, how photo shoots being done. At least, not paid shots. Spare me the lecture of technicalities because it JUST doesn’t make sense at my level. I’m an amateur.

How amateur works? Well, I take the shot, wired it on my lappie (laptop), get the model to approve it, if not, re-take the shot, consulting the model on specific poses and correct my ever weaken lightings, in this case my flashes. I don’t work with strobes because I cannot afford any. Also because, strobes are bright hot lamps that melts make-ups. So I really don’t want to venture that far.

No comments:

visitor