Saturday, November 22, 2008

Super tired DIY Saturday

I'm super tired,

Was working and designing my backdrop. Saved me the dough to actually invest in one.

I used unused portions of IKEA beam rods (for curtains) to create a structure that was more or less a big cloth rack.

Due to it's length, I had to hacksaw the item into two halves and then devised a way to enable a smaller annular halve to rest. My jam nut idea did not work, so I placed a screw to rest the inner annular.

I was worked up when I could not find the legs to the frames. Had to venture to a few joints just to get parts and cannibalized it. A few places that costed me 35 km.

However, I managed to pick out a wrinkle free cloth at Nagoya textile for a small fee of RM 15.00,

As I type, I've just came out of the showers and the frame was assembled in the other room. Next, I'll have to try it out.

No comments:

visitor